Landlord and Tenant Board Locations Near West Vancouver

Landlord And Tenant Board Locations near West Vancouver

When challenges arise for renters and landlords, the Residential Tenancy Act governs how those disagreements are resolved.

The province is investigating a Vancouver company that offers furnished short-term travel accommodation, alleging it’s issuing tenancy agreements that don’t comply with B.C.’s rental laws.


If you are a tenant looking for rental homes near West Vancouver, there are a few options to find the right home for you. The City of Vancouver offers free rental search services that can help you find a home and prepare your application. You can also use the Tenant Survival Guide, a free e-book from TRAC that can help you understand your rights and responsibilities as a tenant in BC.

If your landlord is threatening to evict you, there are a few ways to fight it. You can go to the Landlord And Tenant Board, apply for a certificate of compliance or mediation, or hire an attorney.

The City of Vancouver provides an online tool that helps you determine if your landlord is complying with the Residential Tenancy Act. You can also check out the BC Residential Tenancy Law Resource Centre, a non-profit organization that provides information, education and advice on rental laws in the province.

A recent CBC News report on a tenant in West Vancouver who was evicted because her landlord said she had failed to pay rent is raising questions about the eviction process. The tenant had been living in subsidized housing since she was in her 50s, and was recently diagnosed with dementia.

Her landlord allegedly said she was not allowed to bring her children to her house or have them stay there with her while she went to court. She was also denied procedural fairness in the eviction hearing because she did not have a computer and had to upload her documents over a landline.

She argued her rights were being violated because she was denied an opportunity to speak in front of the hearing officer. She also said she was not given time to fully make her case and that she had a hard time understanding the legal issues involved.

In addition, she said she was not given the opportunity to explain why she had moved out of her apartment in the first place. She also says she was told she could not have a lawyer present at her hearing.


If you are a landlord looking for reliable West Vancouver property management, or if you are a tenant who needs to resolve a dispute with your landlord, contact the Residential Tenancy Branch. This is a government agency that provides information, education and dispute resolution services for landlords and tenants guided by B.C.’s Residential Tenancy Act and Manufactured Home Park Tenancy Act.

You should also consult your landlord about your responsibilities as a tenant. These include performing condition inspections, paying rent and utilities on time and allowing the landlord to enter your unit to fix any problems.

In addition, you should ensure that your landlord provides you with a receipt for cash payments and returns any post-dated cheques that you have written to them at the end of your tenancy. You should also keep in mind that you have the right to break your lease early, and if you do, the landlord must give you four months’ notice.

Burnaby offers some of the most progressive tenant assistance policies in Canada, and you should know that your rights are protected if you live in a purpose-built market rental building with 5 or more units when a rezoning is initiated for a redevelopment project. This policy protects you and your family from the risk of displacement.

Landlords should provide displaced tenants with alternative rental options that are no more than 10% above the tenant’s current monthly rent, or no more than 10% above the most recently published CMHC median rent for Metro Vancouver, whichever is higher. If you live in a one bedroom apartment, this means that the new rental option should be no more than $1,529 per month, and in a two bedroom it should be no more than $2,200 per month.

There are many different types of tenancy agreements, and you should make sure that the one you sign meets your needs. These include a tenancy agreement that is month-to-month, weekly or bi-weekly, and a fixed-term tenancy agreement that lasts for a set amount of years.

If you are a landlord, you can find more information on the Residential Tenancy Branch’s website. It’s available Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (excluding statutory holidays).


If you are a landlord or tenant, it is recommended that you seek professional help with any issues that may arise. The Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) was established in 2007 under the Residential Tenancies Act to give most residential landlords and tenants rights and responsibilities, and to set out the process for enforcing them.

The LTB has a web portal that is available to the public, and this will give you an idea of the status of your case. It can also provide you with a date and time for your next hearing.

You can also contact your local LTB office to inquire about their services or find a local service provider that will assist you with your LTB application and hearing. This is a complex area of law with strict deadlines, so it is important to get proper assistance.

Naseer has a lot of experience helping both Landlords and Tenants, and can help you with all aspects of the Applicant / Respondent process including: Forms Filing, Fees and through the Hearing process. Call Naseer today to receive more information or to get started!

Landlords and tenants are protected under the Fair Housing Act, the Residential Tenancies Act and many other laws. If you believe that you have been discriminated against or if you are being harassed, you can file a complaint with the Fair Housing Board.

If you are a landlord, it is essential that you charge your tenant a reasonable amount of rent. In general, a landlord should not charge more than 10% above their tenant’s current rent or 10% above the most recently published CMHC median rent for Metro Vancouver, whichever is higher.

Rental management is a full-time job, so it is best to hire a professional to handle it for you. It is important to choose a professional who has experience with inspections, rent collection, required documentation, finding credible tenants and more.

If you are looking to rent a West Vancouver apartment, it is important to understand your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. The Residential Tenancies Act has a number of specific rules regarding evictions and other rental issues. In addition, you should be aware that you are responsible for utility bills.

New Westminster

New Westminster is a large city in Metro Vancouver that has long been a popular choice for people who want to live within the Greater Vancouver region. It is a centrally located suburb of the Lower Mainland and is close to West Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby and Coquitlam.

The city is known for its affordable housing, but rents are often high and vacancy rates are low. Some local governments are looking to take action to protect renters.

One such initiative is a renoviction bylaw adopted in February, which has since survived a legal challenge. On April 30, the BC Court of Appeal upheld the bylaw, finding it did not conflict with B.C.’s Residential Tenancy Act, which aims to ensure the rights of tenants are respected.

Landlords who attempt to evict tenants for renovations can be fined up to $1,000 a day and their business licences may be revoked. The city’s bylaw also requires landlords to show the renovations will improve the quality of life for their tenants, a provision that advocates say is critical in the city’s tight rental market.

Despite the bylaw, some landlords are still trying to evict tenants for renovations. According to Postmedia, a company called VS Rentals has been putting offers through the doors of tenants in six buildings around New Westminster and Vancouver.

The offer is a tactic used by some landlords to pressure vulnerable renters into signing buyout deals, which they claim will allow them to stay in their homes while the building is being renovated. But advocates warn that many of these deals are not legitimate, and they often result in a rushed process that leaves tenants vulnerable to retaliation.

In addition, if you’re a tenant who is being threatened with retaliation, you should immediately contact the Residential Tenancy Branch (RTB). You can do this online or in person at a ServiceOntario Centre.

Another way to protect your rights is to ask the Landlord and Tenant Board (LTB) for a copy of the landlord’s legal name and address. This information can help you if you ever need to file an application or make a complaint.

Leave a Reply